Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify a body in the sculpt workspace so that it can covert to a complete body?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
360taiphi
379 Views, 9 Replies

How to modify a body in the sculpt workspace so that it can covert to a complete body?

I am having some trouble completing this model after exiting the sculpt workspace. I need advice on how to model it so that it I can work on it in the patch workspace.
I am having trouble uploading a screencast and I don't know how to delete this message. I will try again.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jeff_strater
in reply to: 360taiphi

we'd need some more information to help you.  Preferably, the design itself.  Can you Export the design as a Fusion Archive (F3D), and attach it here?

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 10
laughingcreek

the dialog for attaching screen casts at the bottom of posts has been broken for some time.  just put a link to it in the body of your post, or embed the HTML.

Message 4 of 10
360taiphi
in reply to: jeff_strater

Ok, I attached the file. Let me know if you got it.

If you go into the folder Front Bumper you will see Front Flare. I want to use it to split the Shell, then delete the resulting inner face of the Shell so that you could see the Flare design. Also, I was having trouble creating a patch for the back of it so that you wouldn't see right through it into the car. I created Bodies 55, 56, and 57 by seperating the body into three parts and using it as such. It worked but I prefer to have it as one whole Body. If you have any better ideas I would appreciate it.

Let me know what you think of the design overall and what else I can do to improve it.

Thanks

Message 5 of 10
360taiphi
in reply to: laughingcreek

Thanks. How do I attach it to the body of the post? I can't seem to find my way back to it.

Message 6 of 10
laughingcreek

one way to get to your uploaded screen casts-

laughingcreek_0-1646939652236.png

Message 7 of 10
laughingcreek

I would suggest over building all your surfaces.  the front flare doesn't fully intersect the shell.  you will need to pull the edges out so it comes complete through the shell if you want to use it as a trimming tool.

transitioning from a t-spline to the nurbs space, and doing further nurbs surfacing tasks is tricky, and there are a number of pitfalls to look out for.

-surface geometry around star points will always be a bit wonky.  so you want to place them in areas of low curvature, instead of areas of high curvature like you have here-

laughingcreek_0-1646941279501.png

creases should be minimized (or eliminated completely) in t-splines, but if your going to use them, never run them through or into a star point-

laughingcreek_1-1646941499518.png

-avoid anything but 4 sided faces, especially around geometry like wheel wells-

laughingcreek_2-1646941655772.png

avoid all of the above with better topology.  for instance, use edge loops around the wheel wells-

laughingcreek_3-1646942302865.png

-

Message 8 of 10
TrippyLighting

When it comes to modeling vehicles with T-Splines I can recommend Gichi Endo's YouTube channel.

He stands out amongst the many YouTubers who create Fusion 360 tutorials, because he's actually an accomplished pro with real-world experience.

Another channel I can hotly recommend for Sub-D and T-Spline modeling is Arrimus 3D !

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
360taiphi
in reply to: laughingcreek

Awesome, thanks man

Message 10 of 10
360taiphi
in reply to: TrippyLighting

I will check them out, thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report