Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make a even chamfer or fillet on uneven edges?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
willhunting01d
407 Views, 11 Replies

how to make a even chamfer or fillet on uneven edges?

I'm a 3d artist, recently learning fusion 360 for better hardsurface workflow. but i encounter this problem a lot,its hard to explain, so here's the video.(i know you can draw a blueprint  first and then loft it,but most time just intuitive exploring i cant have the whole picture at the beginning)

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi @willhunting01d 

Can you please export by File>Export *.f3d/*.f3d file to your local drive and then attach it here to a reply?

If you find my answer solved your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button

Sujay D'souza
SQA Manager
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 12

sure,i attached it!
Message 4 of 12

There was nothing attached.

I believe what you see when beveling in Blender is somewhat equivalent to how chord fillets behave in Fusion 360. We don't have a chord chamfer. 

I also believe if you add some fillets to the horizontal edges first, the chamfer will do what you want. When filleting/beveling in a CAD software the sequence of those operations can make a significant difference.

Also, I noticed several yellow icons in your timeline. You should really fix those because if you collect to many of them, A: your design can become very slow and, B: it might get corrupted.

If you find that you don't really don't utilize the timeline (I believe many 3D artists don't), you may just turn it off. 

EESignature

Message 5 of 12

bugged?I can see the attachment on my page. if I got too many yellows on the timeline would that compromise export? or limit my actions? cuz so far it seems fine, I got many warnings but I cant really understand them.

Message 6 of 12

There is no attachment posted when using the web interface. I am not sure this is the source of the problem, but you need to us eh web interface of the forum to post attachments. It does not work per email reply.

Yellow and red icons mean that something is broken in the timeline. I can say more and possibly explain some of them once I have a design to look at 😉

Export should be fine!

EESignature

Message 7 of 12

@TrippyLighting wrote:

There is no attachment posted when using the web interface. I am not sure this is the source of the problem, but you need to us eh web interface of the forum to post attachments. It does not work per email reply.

Edit: I did no see you attachment it to the initial post. Sorry and Thanks.

Yellow and red icons mean that something is broken in the timeline. I can say more and possibly explain some of them once I have a design to look at 😉

Export should be fine!

EESignature

Message 8 of 12

then that's fine for me after I'm not planning to do real engineer work 🙂 thx for explaining that.

Message 9 of 12

Tee reason for that chamfering problem is that your modeling style in imprecise. That left this super thin face that looks like a single edge when looking at the geometry at normal scale. That face is creating the chamfering problem.

The surface is in fact so thin that I cannot even select it!

TrippyLighting_0-1668437961741.png

EESignature

Message 10 of 12

how to check it on the normal scale? just scale it up?

Message 11 of 12

So I scaled it up by 100 deleted the surfaces and then scaled it back dow. The chamfer still does not look great. Thsi will require a more laborious /manual way of chamfering:

TrippyLighting_0-1668439017888.png

EESignature

Message 12 of 12

yeah, I already moved on, I had to use loft or sketch to solve problems like this, I just wondering if there's anyway more convenient, cuz its just a block yet, and when it comes to tons of details, these little bevel stuff will kill me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report