Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make 2 sheet metal components into a single component?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
659 Views, 2 Replies

How to make 2 sheet metal components into a single component?

Hi all,

I'm interested in metal fabrication and am trying to learn how use the Fusion 360 sheet metal workspace.

I made 1/2 of my object (flat square with some holes in the center) and just duplicated it to get the other side. Both squares are exactly the same and are 2.5 mm thick sheet metal.

How can I combine them so I can get 1 component with my 2 square components combined?

(I used a joint for now but I want to actually make the pieces belong to the same sheet of metal.)

I'm on Fusion 2.0.8412 student version with mac OS 10.14. Thanks for the help!

Tags (1)
Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

There are a lot of conditions, without your model, I cannot tell.  I did a screencast with the most radical condition, two components, each one containing a sheet metal body.  They are also not on the same origin plane.   Both sheet matal bodies MUST be the same thickness.   If you would attach your model, someone may be able to shorten the process depending on what you have.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

This was exactly what I needed thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report