Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to keep the to keep the joints and assembly intact in fusion 360 when copy the model into new file

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
binkalsharma0001
255 Views, 5 Replies

how to keep the to keep the joints and assembly intact in fusion 360 when copy the model into new file

I am trying to keep all the joints and assembly intact of the file cabinet while copying it to a new file. I want to create an assembly in new nutrient tank by copying the cabinet files in each of the 4 components in new nutrient tank file. but when I am coping the cabinet file, all joints are getting lost and I would like to know how can i keep the joints intact while copying it. it would be great if you could help.

The NDS image is shown as an example how i want to arrange the cabinets.

New Nutrient tank file : Link 

Cabinet file : Link 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

ground the imported assembly

günther

Message 3 of 6

thank you!!! it worked. Although I was using insert derive option from insert tab and it didn't work with it.

Message 4 of 6

Hi,

If you select "insert derive", you must also ground the inserted assembly. 

günther

Message 5 of 6

Thank you for your quick response and help.
Message 6 of 6

If you are interested in creating proper assemblies, your designs need a lot more work.

For example, you should not move components, use the position capture feature to store the location and then use the ground feature.

In a mostly (I haven't looked through the entire timeline yet)  bottom-up mechanical design like this, I would also not expect to see any position capture features or as-built joints.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report