Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to join these pipes properly?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mertcankutlutas
369 Views, 7 Replies

How to join these pipes properly?

Hi mates, I'm new for Fusion 360, I want to make rollcage like design but I cannot join those pipes properly as in SolidWorks. I'm experienced in SolidWorks, and these things done by itself. Thanks in advance.rcjoints.png

Labels (5)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Haad_Ali
in reply to: mertcankutlutas

Could you please share your file here. So, that i can make it works for you. 

Message 3 of 8

this is actually a very complex problem, in both software, and in real life.  You have to over-build the pipes, and use Combine and Split Body to split the tubes into sections that can be connected.  Are all the tubes here guaranteed to be the same diameter?  That helps the solution a bit.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 8
mertcankutlutas
in reply to: Haad_Ali

I can do that tomorrow evening, thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 8
mertcankutlutas
in reply to: Haad_Ali

Message 6 of 8

@jeff_strater mate, in SolidWorks it is not complicated, program do it everything done when I swipe it, but in the other hand Fusion 360 makes it complicated but ok for now
Message 7 of 8

Fusion does not "make" it complicated. It "Is" complicated.

The difference between Fusion 360 is a 5-10 fold increase in pricing and 20 years in development.

When I started working with SW in 1998 it did not do this (and a lot of other tings) either. It was added much later to make things more efficient.

The fact that this is much less work in SolidWorks does not mean it is less complicated. It means a host of talented software engineers have spent hundreds if not thousands of hours of their mental capacity to figure out how to do this automatically, so you don't have to.

EESignature

Message 8 of 8

@mertcankutlutas wrote:

@mertcankutlutas 

Where did you go?

Did you figure out the problem?

If you are looking for equivalent tools to SolidWorks for this - you will need Autodesk Inventor Professional - Frame Generator and Weldments.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report