Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying a project with linked copied projects

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
TomaszAdamF
240 Views, 2 Replies

Copying a project with linked copied projects

Hi

I have two projects: A1 and B1. The A1 project is used inside the B1 project. Easy.

I have a need to save and project A1 to a new A2. I have to have the old version and the new one (with special modifications) under different names.

Does anyone know the procedure how to also save project B as B1 so that the new version of project B2 is linked to project A2? As a result, I need two pairs of projects: B1 with linked A1 and B2 with linked A2.

Thanks for the help.
Regards Tomasz

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HughesTooling
in reply to: TomaszAdamF

@TomaszAdamF wrote:

Hi

I have two projects: A1 and B1. The A1 project is used inside the B1 project. Easy.

If you export project B1 you will get an fz3 file containing A1 and B1, just upload the f3z to a new project\folder and you'll get new versions of A and B.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
TomaszAdamF
in reply to: TomaszAdamF

Thanks a lot, Mark!

Tomasz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report