Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to: fade out edge fillet

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
andy.concept303
860 Views, 9 Replies

How to: fade out edge fillet

Hi all,

Seem to be struggling with something I expected to be simple....  The edge fillet shown below, I want it to 'fade out' before it gets to the area circled in red, to allow it to be machined with a corner rounding tool or 3D surfaced with a ball end mill.  I've played around with all the options in the fillet feature, but no success.  Is this possible?

Many thanks.

Capture.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Radius type, variable,

set value to zero, set transition points / values along the edge.

Might help....

Message 3 of 10

Is this the kind of thing you are looking for? You can define the points along the edge and control the fillet radius at each point, including zero radius, using the Variable Radius Type. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 12.01.10 PM.png

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 4 of 10

Many thanks, but not really.

The fillet needs to be a constant radius until just before the end.  This is the actual part I'm reverse engineering:-

IMG_5737.jpg

Message 5 of 10

Your part outline does not match the photo, a normal fillet will then work.

Might help....

Message 6 of 10

Yes, it looks like a normal fillet that was headed out towards the circular section, with a chunk machined / cut out of it. Should be able to replicate that cut in Fusion, which would give you the ending of the fillet. 

- Ron

Message 7 of 10

Hi,

Soft beginnings and ends of fillets and chamfers are always requested, but are currently not available in Fusion.

günther

Message 8 of 10

If I apply a normal fillet, with the tangent chain box ticked, it applies it like my original screen grab.  If I deselect the tangent chain box, and select each edge individually, the function results in an error.

Message 9 of 10

Like this? I applied the fillet earlier in the timeline, and modified the sketch to create a cut. Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 2.37.08 PM.png

- Ron

Message 10 of 10

Perfect!  Many thanks indeed!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report