Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exclude specific timeline features (e.g., an extruded cut) from a projection in the drawing view?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ah.harvey
289 Views, 3 Replies

How to exclude specific timeline features (e.g., an extruded cut) from a projection in the drawing view?

I'm very new to Fusion 360, apologies if I've overlooked something obvious. 

I'm designing an item that consists of three wooden board components that are sandwiched together. Once assembled, the middle (sandwich filling) component will have a hole drilled in from the edge, the diameter of which is wider than than the width of the wood. 

I've set all this up in the design view, including extruding the drilled hole after the three pieces are assembled. I'm now trying to prepare some cutting plans in the drawing view.

Because the drilled hole is wider than than the width of the centre component, when I add a plan view of this component to the drawing it is split into two pieces. The hole will be drilled after assembly, and so it is not very useful (and a little confusing) to include this feature in the cutting plan.

What is the best way to exclude specific timeline features from a projection in the drawing view. 

I'm attaching some images which hopefully will explain my issue more clearly. 

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

https://youtu.be/o5NsPOcXLho?t=177

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Message 3 of 4
ah.harvey
in reply to: ah.harvey

perfect, this works! thank you @rushabhthakkar_910 

Message 4 of 4

I am glad it helped you.. 😉

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report