Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit a line in sketch but prevent scaling

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1224 Views, 5 Replies

How to edit a line in sketch but prevent scaling

I'm trying to edit a specific line in my sketch but every time I do, the whole sketch scales to match the changes. I included a gif so you could see what I mean. I should mention that I'm very new to Fusion (transitioning from 123D & Tinkercad).

[video]

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 3 of 6
jeff_strater

I'm not quite sure what "the whole sketch scales to match the changes" means.  I don't see anything being scaled.  What I see in that GIF is mostly expected behavior, other than it looks as if you are missing a horizontal constraint on the horizontal line to the right of the point being dragged, so that line stops being horizontal.

What changes do expect to happen when you drag this point?

Jeff

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

@jeff_strater I only want that line to change it's length. I should mention that I'm very new to Fusion (transitioning from 123D & Tinkercad). I have a feeling it has something to do with my constraints, I realized I had them un-checked in the sketch palette. 

@TheCADWhisperer Here's my file

Message 5 of 6
TheCADWhisperer

I recommend that a beginner sketch one line, arc or circle and dimension it immediately.

Then sketch next line, arc or circle and dimension immediately.

If at any step the geometry does not turn black (full defined) stop and ask questions before continuing.

You have two vertical lines overtop of each other at the origin.

The dimension does not go to the origin (zoom in close).

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

I tried use the dimension tool but it made this part smaller... I'm pretty sure I figured it out, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report