Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I space my lines in a sketch around a circle?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
rwhopper
574 Views, 11 Replies

How do I space my lines in a sketch around a circle?

I have a series of circles which are 6mm apart. I then have a set of lines that branch out from the center to the outside circle. How do I make a second set of lines to keep them evenly 6mm apart from exterior to interior circle? If I copy them and rotate, they taper to the center, I need them to be even.

Example:

rwhopper_0-1689280178707.png

This is what happens if copied/rotated:

rwhopper_1-1689280210636.png

as you can see, they taper, I need them evenly spaced. How do I do this?

Labels (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jhackney1972
in reply to: rwhopper

Please attach your model from the first screen capture.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 12
rwhopper
in reply to: jhackney1972

Here is a stripped down version with all the components removed.

Message 4 of 12
jhackney1972

Are the first set of lines supposed to be evenly spaced as they are not now?  If so, are the second set suppose to bisect the first set?  If they are not even, you did not dimension them so how do we know the spacing?

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 12
jhackney1972

I create a quick drawing to show you the angle variance.  Please let me know if this is correct or should they be even angles all the way around?

Angle Spacing.jpg

John Hackney
Retired

Message 6 of 12
rwhopper

Here's an example of what I am talking about. Maybe this can clear it up. Basically the lines that go from the center to the outer circle, are evenly spaced (6mm) From Outer circle to Inner

rwhopper_0-1689284509364.png

Message 7 of 12
jhackney1972

I do not understand your question or your attempt to explain it so I will leave it up to someone else to try and help you.  The statement " are evenly spaced (6mm) From Outer circle to Inner" makes absolutely no sense.  Good luck.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 8 of 12
rwhopper

the angles shouldn't matter much, they just need to be 6mm thick that I can extrude to make the inner structure. Here's a sample image. Here you can see there are circles and then lines that go through them to create a support structure

rwhopper_0-1689284800441.png

Message 9 of 12
jhackney1972

Is this what you want?  The thickness can be varied using the timeline features is it is. 

Model.jpg

John Hackney
Retired

Message 10 of 12
rwhopper

yes! How did you achieve this?

Message 11 of 12
etfrench

Change the current lines to construction lines.  Offset these lines 3mm on each side.  This will give you 6mm wide profiles.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
jhackney1972

Next time you post a question, post the picture of what you desire first, it will save a lot of confusion.  Video is attached showing how I made the model, I hope it helps.  By the way, you have a lot of yellow in your timeline, take care of these problems when they occur to make your models better.

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report