Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I close this open mesh?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
8073 Views, 2 Replies

How do I close this open mesh?

So I have to close this mesh in a way that it keeps its form. The C-shape is meant to fit around another object, so it's C-shape must be preserved. It literally just needs to be a flat patch along the open edge to maintain it's profile. This is for 3D printing so if there's a better/easier way, please lmk. I've been trying to close it, but I don't have very much experience and I haven't been able to find helpful instructions to do what I need. Please help! (File attached)

a018df1d95f6dff129f89168dd52dd3f.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

For geometry this simple - I think I would remodel it from scratch.

Should only take about 10 minutes and the results will be much better.

Message 3 of 3
mavigogun
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

@TheCADWhisperer wrote:

For geometry this simple - I think I would remodel it from scratch.

Should only take about 10 minutes and the results will be much better.

I suppose that depends on Ryan's capacity to easily locate critical geometry- the profile of that open mouth, 'back side' surfaces that must conform/not conflict with a related part.    That said, supplied geometry in the STL is likely faceted to the point of useless- I very much doubt the matching part relates closely to that shape.

That said, find attached a possible workflow were you to import a higher resolution Mesh; using the crude supplied part-

Convert Mesh to BRep > Loft > Reverse Normal > Stitch Lofted Surfaces.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report