Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the default physical material?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RCSDesign
419 Views, 2 Replies

How do I change the default physical material?

This has been bugging me for weeks now.  I don't recall really having this problem until a few updates past but it has finally annoyed me enough that I want to fix it. 

I do a lot of surface creation as part of designing injection molds for my parting lines.  Everytime I create a new surface it creates as this terrible textured steel with a mill finish.  When I look in physical materials there it is right next to the grey normal "metal" material.  I "unassign and delete" the mill finish steel.  

Is there a way to change the default physical material for any project I create from the beginning so I never have to remember to do the "unassign and delete" routine?

Ideally I would love the option to assign a default material/appearance for solid bodies and a different one by default for surfaces.  That would save me a bit of menu navigation time in the long run.  

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
g-andresen
in reply to: RCSDesign

Hi,

> preferences

material_1.png

günther

Message 3 of 3
RCSDesign
in reply to: g-andresen

Wow. 

I'm an idiot.  I thought that did something else because the material name in the preferences was not "steel plate" or "steel mill finish"

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report