Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I reuse a curve or lines in multiple sketches?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jdwolfordM7G2R
624 Views, 4 Replies

How can I reuse a curve or lines in multiple sketches?

I am trying to design some panels that have all have the same cutout for a handle. But the panels are at various sizes and angles.

Attached is a simple example of the first panel.

If I want to use that same top cutout shape on several panels that might be at different angles and/or different sizes and ideally have changes carry over if I change the original, how can I do that? Is there a way to just copy over or save that top shape that has the handle cutout?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Intuos5
in reply to: jdwolfordM7G2R

Although Fusion lacks the ability to save configurations, there are some workarounds
What you could do is:

1. Copy over the sketch elements to a new sketch and change the parameter values
  2. Create derivative components for each panel from the original and then change the parameter values
  3. If you want to reuse certain lines, you could project them into new sketches
Message 3 of 5
artemSIV
in reply to: jdwolfordM7G2R

Hello. Perhaps in your case it would be convenient to make a body that repeats the geometry of the notch of the handle and insert this body into its components with reference to the midpoints, then use combine-cut

Message 4 of 5

when I want to do this, I put the sketch in a component by itself.  then the component gets copied and position with a joint  as a sub-component into other components that need to use the profile.

to help with organization I put the first reference  component at the beginning of the time line so it shows up at the top of the browser and is easy to find.  changing the sketch in one place then gets reflected in the others.

Message 5 of 5

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report