Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging of 2 bodies after Mirror ??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Joey68tc
365 Views, 3 Replies

Merging of 2 bodies after Mirror ??

I do not pretend to be an expert, so bear with me.  I have designed several parts, each part consisting of 2 Bodies after I Mirror the left side to the right, of course.  One shop I like to use,  consistently sees only one half.  They ask me to merge the 2 Bodies, or design the part as one.  Designing as one more than doubles the effort, and with other shops seeing the entire part (both bodies as one) I am perplexed.  

How do I merge the 2 Bodies into one??

Tom in VA    Any advice appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: Joey68tc

You use the Combine (bodies) command.  The two bodies MUST be in contact with each other as they should be if you mirrored them about a body surface plane or key workplane.  You have quit a few choices with the Combine command as you can see.

Combine Options.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: Joey68tc

just FYI - we are working on integrating Combine (and Stitch for surface bodies) into Mirror.  Should come out later this year.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 4
Joey68tc
in reply to: jeff_strater

thnx Mr Jh72.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report