Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete a project

54 REPLIES 54
SOLVED
Message 1 of 55
Anonymous
16412 Views, 54 Replies

How can I delete a project

Hello,

I uploaded some standard materials  (screws, washers and nuts) to my workspace in a project called Standards.

As I am a newbie I want to start over, because the drawings are not what they were supposed to be.

So I want now to delete the whole Standards project.

How can I do that?

Currently I only have it disabled, but I want to get rid of it completely.

Regards

Florian

54 REPLIES 54
Message 41 of 55
JamesBlackledge
in reply to: Anonymous

Yea...I am an Inventor Designer. I understand that this program is different than Inventor in its approach, but you guys need to understand that companies are NOT going to take this program seriously if you do not give THEM control of their data. I dunno if your corporate model is telling you this is the wave of the future. Holding ransom/"Managing" their data will bring nothing but an early demise of this program. As is Autodesks business model is to FORCE customers down the path of subscription, forcing customers to save their data in a cloud where if you do not pay your subscription or you will not get your data.....Nahhh...That's the reason after next year (After Autodesk charges us 30% more for our software suits because we will not go on subscription) we will be going to Solidworks. Your loss Autodesk. Greed will do you in.

Message 42 of 55
Scoox
in reply to: JamesBlackledge

I don't mind subscription-ware too much and, in many cases, I appreciate the convenience of cloud storage, but there are times offline storage is just better suited to the task. However, I understand forcing users to store their data on Autodesk servers is possibly the only realistic counter-piracy solution, so it's a tricky one.

Message 43 of 55
whippleVSACH

Probably like Facebook. Harvest your data, say you didn't mean to, repeat.

Message 44 of 55
dumbmail101

@Anonymous - That's a way to kill it on YOUR end, but this is a Cloud service. I doubt that actually deletes anything but your local listing of the project, not the actual project, which is stored on their servers.

Archiving it and going into your Online Account and deleting it removes both.

Message 45 of 55
dumbmail101
in reply to: Scoox

@Scoox - I can imaging having the service blocked is a real problem for you! 

I, too, think that we should be allowed to have local projects, but I'm not sure if they are not mining the data or not. I certainly wouldn't put it past them, they wouldn't be the first. My instincts are to trust them, or I wouldn't use the software, but the thought is always there for me (my projects are mostly hobbyist anyways at this point).

I have never joined Facebook because I knew they were data mining and got in a heated online discussion of that very subject about a month before the whole thing blew up. 

As a Computer Tech for 38 years I view things differently than most people. Given the Chinese government's repeatedly getting caught stealing US Companies' data I would not be so sure that these "blockages" you experience aren't really a case of them routing all the data through a Chinese server on it's way to and from AutoDesk's Cloud, something I'm sure gives the AutoDesk Cloud Managers sleepless nights.

Granted, the data flow is highly encrypted and even breaking one single transaction would take them a considerable amount of time, money, and effort to crack, something they certainly wouldn't invest in for 99% of the stuff being  worked on. (READ THIS AS, YOUR DATA IS ALMOST CERTAINLY SECURE ON THE AUTODESK CLOUD!!)

Still the possibility is there and it certainly makes the big companies like Aerospace firms and the like hesitate in choosing AutoDesk over off line solutions.

Twenty years ago this wasn't a big deal, but in 2018 ...

Message 46 of 55
Anonymous
in reply to: dumbmail101

Three years ago, at the start of this thread Autodesk said that they will
allow us to delete our data and have not.

If you can not delete your data once it get to the cloud...

I wonder, if the solution is to flood the cloud with tons of duplicate data and render
the files that are held hostage useless?

This isn't a service.... it is a disservice

Hard not to feel violated when personal data held hostage...
Surely, this policy is against natural law...
I am just not sure which law, umm Personal information act

Message 47 of 55
kb9ydn

Not sure what you guys are on about.  You CAN permanently delete a project, and it's really pretty easy to do.

In the Data Panel, right click on a project and press "archive".  Now click on your name at the top of the Data Panel to open your files in A360 (will open a web browser where you will have to log in if aren't already).  Towards the top of the screen, click on "Archive".  Find your project in the list, right click on it and click "delete".  Your project will be permanently deleted.

I just now tried this for the first time ever, and it took less than 30 seconds.

C|

Message 48 of 55
Anonymous
in reply to: kb9ydn

Thanks for the details about how to do it!  

Why make it convoluted?  Just adding a "delete" option below the "archive" option would be much more intuitive vs. having to go to an entirely different user interface that most users don't even realize exists.  Unnecessary confusion seems to be designed into many of the processes.

Message 49 of 55
Anonymous

Thank you.  Where did you find this?

Message 50 of 55
Anonymous

That worked! ...  Thanks!

Message 51 of 55
Anonymous
in reply to: Lonnie.Cady

From the data panel in Fusion 360, you can right click to "Archive" the project. IT will no longer appear int he Data panel.

Then from the A360 Hub (the website thingy for Fusion that nobody uses) you can mouse over an Archived project and click the "Delete" button to delete it forever.

Message 52 of 55
Anonymous

Yup, this is how I do it.

Message 53 of 55
Anonymous

Four years later..

Is the problem solved now?

Message 54 of 55
Anonymous

@Anonymous solved in the sense that apparently the inability to delete projects is considered a feature, not a bug.

And there is a workaround (using the A360 hub website). So I guess that's supposed to be "good enough".

Message 55 of 55

This issue was not temporary, Autodesk knew that 7 years ago. They don't want you to delete your projects because they want a copy of everything you create. Never in my life did I stop and wonder why the USACE absolutely hates Autodesk software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report