Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with simulation

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Claus_J
239 Views, 5 Replies

Help with simulation

I'm trying out simulation for the first time. I have this metal thing with two rods that will be a pivot point. Now I need to balance out the two sides so the top loop stay close to horizontal - by adding weight/material to side A. Is there a way to simulate which way the thing will tip with gravity?

Thanks in advance!

Balance act.jpg

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Claus_J

Autodesk Inventor Professional - Dynamic Simulation 

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 3 of 6
Claus_J
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Here goes...

Message 4 of 6
TheCADWhisperer

In a few minutes I will post video when it is done compiling, but the first thing I notice is that your Capture Design History is not turned on.  Why are you not capturing the history of the part?

The part is not balanced as it is, but I will show how to balance in the video.

TheCADWhisperer_0-1599220656677.png

Message 5 of 6
TheCADWhisperer

In the video I said .35 degrees of rotation, I should have said .035 degrees of rotation (with 1.0725N of force applied as shown).

Message 6 of 6
Claus_J
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

First of all the object was made in another application and imported into Fusion, I'm not up to speed yet so I cheat a little.

Wow, that's impressive, really cool. I take it that when you choose Inventor it's because this kind can't be done in Fusion. Unfortunately I don't have access to Inventor but I imagine when I get further into this construction I can ask an engineer to figure out the exact weight I have to apply according to where I want the extra material.

thanks again for taking the time with this, happy to know there are tools out there for it.

Claus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report