Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: problem with 2D views

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
416 Views, 4 Replies

Help: problem with 2D views

Hello,

I have completed the desing of an assembly with several components and now I would like to start putting in place 2D drawings of individual piece parts, but when I try to create a sheet with a base view, then the software always returns me the base view of the whole assembly even if I select the single component as reference.

What am I missing? How can I achieve a 2D base view of a single piecepart of an assembly?

Many Thanks

Enrico

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SaeedHamza
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Go to the browser and right click the component you want to create a drawing from, then click on Create Drawing

Regards, Saeed

Message 3 of 5
zhixin.ni
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

There are two ways to create the 2d view of a single component in an assembly.

1. select the component node in the design file's browser, launch "Create Drawing" command.

FromDesign.jpg

2. In the drawing, after a base view is placed, go to the component's node in the browser and suppress others.

FromDrawing.jpg

Please let me know if it still cannot solve your issue.

Regards

Regards
Nick Ni
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: SaeedHamza

I did try but it did not work. I cannot understand why, but when I create the base view I always see all components.

That is why I did posted the question.

Any suggestion?

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: zhixin.ni

I did try it NIck but it does not seems to work.

Maybe I am doing dome stupid mistake. It seems to be a trivial procedure but I cannot understand why it does not work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report