Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! Is 14 feet seriously the biggest the grid can go?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
431 Views, 6 Replies

HELP!! Is 14 feet seriously the biggest the grid can go?

Hello, I'm super new to this program and can't for the life of me figure out just how big this program can go. My goal for using this program is to create 3d mockups or whole rooms for my company to display our products to customers. I need something that communicates with other cad programs well so I am using the free trial for Fusion 360 and Autocad to see how it'll work for us. But we would need models to be way over 14 feet and no matter what settings I look at this is the biggest the grid can go. Am I missing something? Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 9.36.45 AM.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
lichtzeichenanlage
in reply to: Anonymous

Grid will grow if your sketches are getting larger. Not sure if Fusion is the best tool to move things freely in space. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: lichtzeichenanlage

That makes sense, yea it seems making a mockup of a whole room would be difficult in this program. In your professional opinion, would you think auto cad would be helpful to achieve our goals as well? We need a cad program that can communicate or at least is compatible with another 3d modeling program that we can build our products to scale. for instance is it possible to create our cad files in auto cad and use that in something like sketchup or another similar program? 

Message 4 of 7
etfrench

What do you need the grid for?  I never use it.  You can design at any desired size whether or not the grid is displayed.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: etfrench

I personally prefer to visualize the axis of my workspace and how big it is and all that. I know I can input numbers and everything but I find it helpful and better suits my workflow.

Message 6 of 7
PhilProcarioJr

@Anonymous

Click on the grid settings icon and set the grid to whatever size you want.

Untitled.png

Phil Procario Jr.
Owner, Laser & CNC Creations

Message 7 of 7
lichtzeichenanlage

Sorry - i don't have a professional opinion about CAD systems. I'm just a hobbyist. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report