Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help designing sweep on pump volute

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dylanUTLW6
283 Views, 4 Replies

Help designing sweep on pump volute

I'm working to get one of our pump volutes designed, and the only thin tripping me up is the "sweeping discharge". Does anyone have any ideas of how to accomplish this? I've attached a few photos for reference.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CGBenner
in reply to: dylanUTLW6

@dylanUTLW6 

Welcome to the Fusion forum!  Nice (interesting) looking pump!  I always hated modeling pumps in Inventor, I could never get the volute geometry right...

Anyway, thanks for sharing the photos of what you're trying to do.  Hopefully one of the Fusion gurus will have some thoughts.  I'm envisioning some sort of sweep....

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 5
g-andresen

Hi,

Please share the file and a screenshot showing the positions.

File > export > save as f3d on local drive  > attach to post

günther

take a look here

Message 4 of 5
MRWakefield

Is this document of any use in your quest?

EDIT:

You'll also find quite a few videos and tutorials online if you do a bit of Googling (no doubt some better/more relevant than others!).

If this answers your question please mark the thread as solved as it can help others find solutions in the future.
Marcus Wakefield

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I've created a Windows application for creating custom thread files for Fusion. You can find out about it here. Hope you find it useful.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Message 5 of 5
davebYYPCU

Based on the limited info, 

Swept half circle tube on the curved paths, (2) then lofted the gap, with surface and thicken.

Cut the opening in a std dish.

vopdb2.PNGvopdb.PNGvopdb1.PNG

Might help....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report