Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion crashes when adding a component to a drawing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lemelman
438 Views, 3 Replies

Fusion crashes when adding a component to a drawing

I have a simple model containing two components. I created a new drawing from the 1st component, switched back to the model and tried to add the 2nd component to the same drawing and sheet. After 10 seconds or so Fusion fell over with the following error report.

I'd already tried this twice before and had to restart Fusion each time. This last time I recorded the attached Screencast. (There is no soundtrack 'cos my microphone is in use elsewhere).

I've attached the model just in case it helps.

Error report.jpg

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: lemelman

I did not have any issues with your assembly and creating the drawing as your required.  I also have had a crash or two using your method, which is the best method, to create a drawing with multiple components.  I have found if I save the drawing between adding components really helps eliminate the crashes.

Drawing.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
kris_berg
in reply to: lemelman

Hi @lemelman 

Thank you for reporting this.  It is a known issue we are actively working on fixing.  We hope to have it out soon.  A workaround is to add the new base view, using the "Base View" command, while in the drawing environment.  Once you have placed the view you can use the browser (shown below) to toggle on and off components (via the checkmarks).  Each base view can be configured separately.  In the case below I have two base views (shown in green), if I toggle components contained within them, it will not impact the other base view.  Let me know if you need more assistance and sorry for the inconvenience.

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 10.41.50 AM.png

Kris Berg
Senior Software Architect - Autodesk
Message 4 of 4
lemelman
in reply to: kris_berg

Thank you both for your assistance, I've managed to finish the drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report