Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't do even fillets between extruded and lofted bodies

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
snajper86
816 Views, 6 Replies

Can't do even fillets between extruded and lofted bodies

Hallo

I've a pain in the eye with "Fillet" device. I have four bodies(two of them are extruded, the other two are lofted, I used "Loft" device) combined(joined) to one body. I do not know why the FILLET device is so fussy. I need fillets that are 8-9mm radius. On one pair of faces I can do those but on other similar pairs I can not. File is attached. Anyone can point me what am I doing wrong?

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JHRendon
in reply to: snajper86

I did it with a mirror! 🙂 

Message 3 of 7
snajper86
in reply to: JHRendon

I can not use mirror because those lofted bodies are slightly different and placed in not even distances and there is more of them not two only.

Message 4 of 7
JHRendon

Well that should be the principal problem fusion does not allow you to create the fillet, maybe you cannot create a fillet of that size in that geometry. 😕

Message 5 of 7
etfrench

The fillets interfere with each other.  You can do one or the other or redesign the part.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
wmhazzard

Your problem is in sketch 3, I went and added tangent constraints to the curves and both fillets will work at 8 or 9 mm. 

What I don't understand is how you can draw something and not use any dimensions. You sketches should be fully defined with dimensions and constraints, it will make your job easier and more reliable. 

fillets.jpg

Message 7 of 7
snajper86
in reply to: wmhazzard

You were right. I have try to do that earlier(add tangent everywhere) but with no enough patient. In oryginal project I have them a lot. I deleta them and dimentions to simplyfy the sketch for forum purpose. Thank you! Adding tangent constraints  everywhere made it possible to do fillets. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report