Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 is Painfully slow

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jmp7624
286 Views, 3 Replies

Fusion 360 is Painfully slow

I am new to Fusion 360 and I have been trying to research ways to make it faster but I'm not able to find anything recent or anything thats really helpful. I have a higher end PC but its like Fusion doesn't even use my GPU at all. It takes forever to open, sometimes I get crashes immediately, its constantly not responding and freezing, and its not really using any of my resources. So far I am still learning how to use it and have only used it for making 3D printed light boxes so I am not sure if its something specific to that. I see people creating all of these very complex designs and I just don't understand how unless they are running it off high end server hardware. Onshape and TinkCAD are browser based and run way better. 

Does Fusion not like AMD CPU's and GPU's or are there any specific settings I should change? It really sucks to spend 2 hours working on a file that should only take about 30 minutes and I see so many people using it with worse hardware than I have. Heck, schools use it and I know the workstations they use are older with basically minimum required specs. If I can't get this working, I'll just switch to Onshape I guess.

Here are my specs...
CPU: Ryzen 7800X3D
RAM: 32GB DDR5 6400Mhz
GPU: RX 7900XTX
SSD: 2TB Gen 4 NVME 7400/6800 Mb/s Read/Write speeds

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jmp7624

Hi! The behavior does not sound right to me. I suspect it could be file or geometry specific. If possible, please share the f3d/f3z file with me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the behavior better and work with the project team to identify the root cause.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
jmp7624
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thank you for the reply! I sent the email over with my f3d file.
Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jmp7624

Hi! I have received the design file. Without disclosing the detail, I can comment as such. There are many solid bodies in the model and there is a massive sketch (SVG converted) with quite a few closed-spline loops. These objects are not going to be performant. However, I do want to see the exact workflow leading to the performance issue. I am still investigating the behavior.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report