Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 has stopped working

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
poema1
2129 Views, 4 Replies

Fusion 360 has stopped working

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know about a problem that I've managed to fix.

Just a few days ago Fusion 360 stopped working on my Windows 10 box with the following message on a Microsoft Windows pop up box during the splash screen:
"Fusion 360 has stopped working".

This was bugging me obviously and so in order to find out where the issue might lie I created a new local user and tried to run the program logged in as this user.  This was successful so I deduced that it wasn't the installation that was faulty.

The tips in this link gave me some clues: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-...

So I ended up removing the "Web Services" folder in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk" (note, I deleted nothing else).  The next time I ran the program it recreated this folder and started up without hiccup, and continues to do so.

Glad I didn't have to do a re-download/install.

Cheers,
Oliver

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
herzinj
in reply to: poema1

Thanks for the heads up, and I'm glad to see you were able to search for the solution and find something that helped!  Don't hesitate to reach out to us on the forums or to me directly if you have any problems or questions in the future.

James

https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: herzinj

I also had this problem with windows 8.1 and I followed your advise-

re-naming web services, but still would not start.

Then I tried run as administrator and all was well.

Thanks for the clue!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: poema1

I also have the same problem, one day it was working fine, the next I'd get the "Fusion has stopped working" error every time I tried to open it. I haven't been able to find a fix yet. Any suggestions? I don't have a "Web Services" folder that I could find. I've also tried reinstalling Fusion with no success. I can access my account on a different computer, but not my main laptop. Running Windows 10. Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
poema1
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry that this reply is so late, I hope that you have managed to find a solution.

If not, the webdeploy folder is a hidden folder which I failed to mention in my original post, so you have to be able to see Hidden items.  In Windows 10 check the "View - Show/hide - Hidden items" checkbox.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report