Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 crashes on first or second action

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
268 Views, 1 Reply

Fusion 360 crashes on first or second action

I'm working with a mid-2012 Macbook Pro running Yosemite with 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3, and Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB.

Last week I was going through modeling exercises and everything was working great. The next day I couldn't do anything in Fusion or it would crash - either right away, or when I tried switching to the Sketch environment after creating a simple shape. A week later, this problem persists. (I don't recall, but it's possible that Fusion was updated, right now I am on 2.0.1628) I read a previous post that had a similar problem with a Macbook air from a month ago that sited the graphics card as the problem and was resolved with a Fusion update. I am working with a relatively small window, and I have checked that I have optimize performance on in Fusion's Graphics Diagnostics, I've also restarted my computer and closed most programs.

It seems to be working fine for my partner who's on a mid-2012 macbook air with the same memory and graphics card as me, but a slower processor (1.8GHz Intel core i5) and his OS is Maverick..

Thanks in advance for any help,

Jena

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Oops, this is totally not a Tip or Tutorial. I am actually not exactly sure where this belongs, but I am going to repost this in 'Design and Documentation' because it seems that it will fit in better there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report