Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip Axis of sketch plane

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Henrik_Horlin
299 Views, 2 Replies

Flip Axis of sketch plane

Sometimes when changing the definition of a sketch plane its coordinate system goes bananas, often it just mirrors/flips. This makes parameterized modeling close to useless since I have to spend time repairing  large chunks of the model and sometimes delete the sketch and start over.

I ask if it probable that I would want to flip all geometry that the sketch defines even if the planes were parallel? I think not. It would be really nice to have at least one of these two options:
* A small checkbox for horizontal flip and one for vertical flip. The green/fixed lines could be re-associated with automatically activated "manage lost projections"-dialogue box if applicable.

* Orient sketch X (& Y) axis with (line/edge) Or project from part origin.

Labels (1)
  • UI
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Agreed, this is super annoying.  I think it is more prone to happening when using Plane at an Angle.  Some of the other typed of construction planes are more robust.

Message 3 of 3

Yup plane at an angle is a problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report