Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat Pattern Won't Fully Unfold

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
designoX9L6N
212 Views, 4 Replies

Flat Pattern Won't Fully Unfold

Hi, I've got a sheet metal part where the flat pattern doesn't fully unfold. Most of it unfolds, but some bends don't.

I have made a similar design dozens of times without problem literally dozens of times - this is my job at my work - and for some reason when making the part, originally it would not allow me to extrude along a path with the flange tool as I usually do. I had to use the sweep tool. I don't know if this has anything to do with it though.

I'm stuck; I don't know how to proceed. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much,

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

without your model, it' just a guessing game (you could export and attach your .f3d file for better help)

first guess, is the circled edge filleted, or is it a hard edge?  looks like a hard edge in the pic-

laughingcreek_0-1695093212984.png

Message 3 of 5

Hi laughing creek, many thanks for your insights.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "hard edge" - this came about from a sweep.

As I said I've made this shape many times, usually just using the flange tool and a path, but it won't work on this file for some reason. I had to use the sweep.

I am attaching the file here. Thank you to you, or anyone else, who may have insights into what's going wrong here.

Thanks so much,

Mike

Message 4 of 5
g-andresen
in reply to: designoX9L6N

Hi,

it is as @laughingcreek suspected

> add fillets

günther

Message 5 of 5
designoX9L6N
in reply to: designoX9L6N

günther - many thanks! That was SO helpful! I had tried adding a fillet but had only done it on one side.

Thank you again, what a great community!

All my best,

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report