Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAIL-First Attempt At Learning

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
399 Views, 3 Replies

FAIL-First Attempt At Learning

Hi, Thanks for reading this.. I'm trying to learn Fusion360. I picked a phone case as a project and had a start. Im stuck trying to generate a tool path and thought maybe its because my model is so bad? I have attached the file and would appreciate any comments/ suggestions/ advice.

Thanks heaps!

Labels (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
etfrench
in reply to: Anonymous

I'd recommend starting here: https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?query=manufacturing

The first step in Manufacturing is to create a Setup.  Once  you have a Setup, you can create toolpaths.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: etfrench

Copy that, thanks. Ill have a look.

I think I messed up the setup or maybe my design is bad. When I try to select the geometry to mill out the center pocket of my case I eat the whole case with the bit.

Ive got the surfacing operation, 1 pocket for the camera (minus the fillets) then I just skipped to the final cut out (minus any tabs) which I also can't find how to do yet.

Attached below is my progress in the manufacturing workspace.

Thanks for any help.

Luke

Message 4 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous - your model (in the Design workspace) looks fine.  Timeline is all healthy, features look reasonable, geometry looks good, I did not see any problems.  I'm not a CAM guy, so I can't help with your toolpaths.  But, you might want to post your CAM query here:  fusion-360-manufacture - you will get lots of help there from knowledgeable people.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report