Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extruding sketch, body won't create

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
aaron.searl
781 Views, 7 Replies

Extruding sketch, body won't create

Hi,

I'm partway through a drawing and now when I draw a sketch and go to extrude it into a body, it lets me extrude, shows the extrusion for 2 seconds then disappears, and there is no body created in the browser, although you can see the extrusion has happened as it shows in the time bar, in fact you can click on the extrusion in the time bar edit the extrusion, but it then disappears again?

I've spent hours trying to get this working again, if I start a new drawing its fine. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled fusion.

Thanks

Aaron

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Can you please share the design and / or show a screencast?

Message 3 of 8

Hi,

please see link and screenshot attached. I've named the component I'm trying to extrude as 'top rail extrusion issue', you can see in the history bar the extrusions I've made. Thanks for your help.

Aaron

https://a360.co/2L9op2Q

Message 4 of 8

Going through the design from the beginning.

Ground socket:1

Sketch1 - I would simplify and pattern feature rather than sketch elements.

Sketches 2 and 3 under-defined.

Why 12mm hole and then M10 thread?

I would pattern the hole and thread.

Now I will continue on....

Why is M8 x 10 s/s hex labeled as M8 when it is an M10?

Locating Ring - I would have done a circular pattern for the holes.

...well, I got lost on Extrusion2 of Post2:1 and discontinued my effort of diagnosis.  

I would have done this as one Extrusion.

...hmmm, I spent a bit more time and see some error in the timeline.

I didn't dig deep, but whenever I see a Delete Face - I start to wonder....

Timeline errors.PNG

Message 5 of 8

@aaron.searl, We took a quick look at this file, and it seems to be pretty messed up internally (most likely our fault, not yours).  I see things like:

• If I do a Compute All, not all the components that are in the browser come back
  • Some of the timeline elements are not even selectable
  • sometimes, just selecting one of your extrudes causes a circular dependency error (this is bad...)

I'm not sure what to tell you do do while we investigate this.  I would not put any more effort into the model in this state, to be honest.

Thanks for your patience as we investigate...

Jeff

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 6 of 8

Hi Cadw,

Sorry, I should have stated in my first post that I'm a newbie to fusion, in fact autocad as a whole, as you can probably tell. I do need to go through and tidy things up. 

Do you have any idea on why I am unable to extrude a sketch into a body all of a sudden on this drawing?

Thanks

Aaron

Message 7 of 8
aaron.searl
in reply to: jeff_strater

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply, as you can tell I'm a newbie, hence some of the weird (incorrect) ways of working. I'm spending a fair amount of times watching Lars fusion 360 videos on youtube, which is helping, but this extrusion issue has baffled me.

Thanks 

Aaron

Message 8 of 8
yehsPDX
in reply to: aaron.searl

@aaron.searl

After triage, we found the data set has been corrupted which upsets the compute process and can block feature creation/update.

If you look into the Timeline where the component "Port 1 (1) : 1" got created, you can see it is located in a wong spot - after the component actually got used by other features. I believe this is a bug in Fusion in "Paste New" operation. The team on top of this issue now.  

If need, you can select and drag the component creation feature forward (left) as much as you can.  This can fix the data and compute will continue work so new feature can be created. However, I do see the position of components got moved to different positions after the dragging.

Hope this information is helpful and let me know if do need other assistants. Thanks!

2018-05-22_1354.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report