Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move an SVG import

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Nickduino
3362 Views, 3 Replies

Move an SVG import

Silly question again...

I've imported and SVG and extruded it (or its projection or something, another thread got me lost). Now I wish I could move it but don't see how:

Thanks for the help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BrianEkins
in reply to: Nickduino

I tried to create a Screencast to demonstrate what I was successful with but for some reason Screencast is currently failing to start for me.  I'll try to describe it along with the picture below.  It's helpful if the sketch only contains the SVG data or if the SVG curves are away from any other sketch entities so that they're easy to select without getting other curves too.

Here's a quick way to determine if what the steps were successful and you'll be able to move the result.  Just try moving one of the curves from the SVG import.  Initially, you can't.  Perform these steps to allow them to be moved.

1. Drag the mouse to window select all of the curves that were created by the SVG import.
  2. Right-click on one of the curves to display the context menu and choose the "Fix/UnFix" command, as shown below.
    FixSVG.png

3. Try dragging a single curve now.  If you can drag a single curve, the "Move" command should work and allow you to move all of them at once.  I had some weird behavior if I accidentally got another sketch curve in the selection when I was trying to "UnFix" the curves so if it doesn't work the first time, try it again being careful what you select.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 3 of 4
laughingcreek
in reply to: Nickduino

The first line in the move dialog box is for the type of entity you want to move.  it's set to body in your screen cast.  If you want to move sketch objects, then you will need to change that to "sketch"

If you are trying to move the sketch, it might help to turn the visibility of the body off, so the sketch is easier to select.

Message 4 of 4
Nickduino
in reply to: BrianEkins

BrianEkins> Yes, thanks!

laughingcreek> I Wasn't trying to move the whole sketch, only the svg import. But making a sketch containing only an svg import might be a smart thing to do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report