Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extruding mind blower

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
459 Views, 4 Replies

Extruding mind blower

Hey all,

I am drawing a round solid rod with a 4-5/8" od and 6" length.  On one face is a rectangle that is extruded 2" deep.  The opposite face is still the outside diameter.  My mind boggling question is, how do I extrude the end depth of the rectangle shape to the circle shape of the other face?  Please see attachment.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
laughingcreek
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure I understand what your looking to do.  do you mean to just extrude the rectangle all the way through like this?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: laughingcreek

Thank you, but that is not what I am looking for.  I want to start the extrude at the rectangle shape, then the extrude will be finished into a round shape at the end of the rod. So basically it will start off rectangle and finish round.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
laughingcreek
in reply to: Anonymous

perhaps more like this? 

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: laughingcreek

Yes, exactly!  Thanks for the tutorial, that's amazing!  Would've never thought to go that route!  I'm new with Fusion 360 and it looks like I have a long way to go and a lot to learn.  Thank you very much!

-Joey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report