Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrude from sketch works, loft between sketches doesn't.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
hugowitsenburg
158 Views, 2 Replies

Extrude from sketch works, loft between sketches doesn't.

Hi,

I'm designing a 3D printable part (will be a 3D printable RC F1 powerboat). I sketched various sections to loft through. The sections are all similar, of course. This is one of them:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/XEH0Hgo.png[/img]

The round hole is a constant through all sketches and will house a carbo rod for strenght and alignment when I glue various printable sections together.

From the hole center, you see two very narrow slits, 0,1 mm wide, go out almost to the outer shell. I made those to trick the slicer and printer. When I slice this without infill, top and bottom, I get a nice part:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/QSdCLhN.png[/img]

With the slit so narrow, it actually prints as solid ribs. I extruded one sketch, exported as STL, sliced and printed it. It works.

But, when I want to loft these sketches together, it only takes the outer shell. It completely ignores the round hole and the slits. So, my plan doesn't work. Can I get Fusion to loft including the round hole and slits?

Cheers,

Hugo

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
davebYYPCU
in reply to: hugowitsenburg

Loft complete solid.

Followed by (many?) Loft / Extrude cuts for internal detail.

Fusion Loft has never been able to do the whole thing in one shot.

Might help….

Message 3 of 3

Thanks, that is indeed what I resorted too. Weird thing, this lofting...

Cheers,

Hugo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report