Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors on sketch when parameters changed

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
johnjphillips82
160 Views, 1 Reply

Errors on sketch when parameters changed

Hi All,

I'll preface this post by stating that I am very much a beginner with Fusion and CAD in general. I am attempting to build a parameterised design for a cable clip which is intended as a 3D print-in-place model.

I am experiencing an issue when I increase the Length parameter where Sketch 38 has an error, which causes the rest of the design to fail. Sketch 38 is on the Top body, using a projection from the Bottom body with an offset applied. The offset should be defined by a parameter, but it always seems to move to a fixed value (at whatever value the parameter was at the time I defined the offset). 

I realise Sketch 38 is quite messy, and that's probably what's causing my issue, but I don't understand how I can go about fixing it.

A couple of notes relating to this design - I tried a number of different approaches to get to the 'finished' design (excepting the problem) and I deleted everything from the timeline and started over twice, hence the numbers are quite hight.

To create the two parts, I first created one box, extruded the hole through the centre, then split it into two bodies using a mid plane.

I added the required design elements to each body (including the use of mirrors and projections) before splitting into components so that I could define the required revolute joint. It is necessary for the mesh to be exported with the object in a partially opened state to allow for 3D printing.

I'd appreciate any help with this, as well as any input on the general workflow which I've used. Ive been trying to learn from a mix of Youtube tutorials, forum posts and doing, so there is certainly a lot that I don't know that I don't know.

I have included screenshots showing the issue below, and attached an f3d export from Fusion.

Design in expected state:

Design in expected stateDesign in expected state

Outcome of increasing the Length parameter 

Outcome of increasing the Length parameterOutcome of increasing the Length parameter

Sketch 38

Sketch 38Sketch 38

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

With some more searching, I discovered how to right click on a sketch containing errors, and find out what the actual errors are - the revealed constraints etc throughout my design which didn't work properly, and I'll work through fixing them, which should resolve this problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report