Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export drawing layers to pdf and/or dwg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
alan_ambrose
218 Views, 3 Replies

Export drawing layers to pdf and/or dwg

Hi,

I have a drawing where there are quite a few useful sketch layers which demonstrate the build-up of the design. It's very helpful in Fusion to turn these on or off in the drawing environment during review.

It would be great to export these to layers in a pdf / dwg. Anyone found a way to do this?

Ta, Alan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: alan_ambrose

The video will show how to do this by separating your various sketches into multiple sheets in the 2D Drawing.  I will emphasis, as I did in the video, you must have a Fusion Subscription License to make multiple sheets in your drawing.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
alan_ambrose
in reply to: jhackney1972

Yeah, that’s just a multi-page drawing. Obvious.

But I was asking about LAYERS. I know layered dwgs are possible because I have seen them. The question again is ‘can I export the multiple sketchs in a fusion drawing as dwg (or pdf) LAYERS’. I guess the andwer is ‘no’.

Message 4 of 4
wersy
in reply to: alan_ambrose

You cannot compare drawings from Fusion with those from AutoCAD.
In AutoCad, lines are created for a drawing.
In Fusion, drawings are created from 3D objects.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report