Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every time i sketch it changes view

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
nikoDJ4GQ
3915 Views, 7 Replies

Every time i sketch it changes view

Hi ! I'm wondering if there is any option to stop fusion 360 from changing view everytime you start a sketch... 

Every time i click on a face to start a sketch, the camera view moves so much, i sometimes do not even know where i'm supposed to sketch.. Is there any option so it does not do that, so that the view does not change at all ? I select a face to sketch on a body, ok but i'd like the view to stay where i am, i know i selected this face, it does not have to put it on a flat view...

Thanks for your help.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sanket223.patil
in reply to: nikoDJ4GQ

Sketch.JPGHello @nikoDJ4GQ 

In preferences , General , Design , Untick the option .

Sanket Patil
Mechanical Engineering
Expert Elite
Message 3 of 8
nikoDJ4GQ
in reply to: sanket223.patil

Simple as that... Thank you Sir ! This will make my day.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

My Problem is that it's not consistent about changing the view to orient top down to the face I've selected.  it's intermittent.  WuDuFu? 

Message 5 of 8
AussieMatt

I like it to change the view of the sketch when entering into a sketch, but when that's ticked and you exit a sketch it does another random rotation into some random view. This isn't very useful when you want to see how the model is updated against the sketch viewpoint, so I only need half of what is happening during entry to a sketch and lining it up, not the existing and changing back to some random view orientation. 

Message 6 of 8
g-andresen
in reply to: AussieMatt

Hi,

show your process in a screencast.

günther

Message 7 of 8

Have the same issue for Autodesk Fusion Personal, and the only preference setting I see is Units?

A large-size model, and it auto-rotates sketch into a view at the global coord system - even when first selecting a surface far awau to act as sketch plane?

Brgrds, Martin

Message 8 of 8
engineer1984

I turned the option above off and mine still zooms way out and to somewhere in outer space.  It's just become a standard process for me to do the following:

zoom, turn, etc the drawing to see the plane I want to sketch.  Highlight plane.  Create sketch.  Fusion zooms into outerspace for no reason.  I hit the zoom fit button.  Re zoom, turn, etc the drawing to get back the plane. 

Super enjoyable.  EVERY SINGLE TIME.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report