Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even more problems with flywheel spokes

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
586 Views, 6 Replies

Even more problems with flywheel spokes

I thought that I'd cracked this one but am having trouble with establishing the spoke ends.

I've now learnt how to add a screenshot that shows the rim end of an ellipse in place and 'apparently' shows the hub ellipse in place but it moves out of position if I do a free orbit.

It's as if the plane of the of the hub plane is aligned with the rim plane.

Flywheel spokeFlywheel spokeAny help gratefully received.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

Are your sketches fully defined (black rather than blue)?

Are there any unresolved issues indicated in your Timeline?

Can you File>Export and then Attach your *.f3d file here and end all doubt?

Obviously I don't know how to properly create a Workplane, but see if this helps, turn on your sound...

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Are your sketches fully defined (black rather than blue)? No, they are blue so obviously I need to find out why.

Are there any unresolved issues indicated in your Timeline? How would an unresolved issue be indicated? There are a row of oblique dots under 'Construction'.Is that the indication?

Can you File>Export and then Attach your *.f3d file here and end all doubt? I'll have to find out how to do that. As you probably realise, you are dealing with a complete beginner here.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I have solved the problem by going back to the screenshots by Chris although if was too fast to easily follow.

The explanation by The CAD whisperer was a waste of time because he clearly does not understand Fusion 360 as it doesn't work like whatever system he is used to, as he admits during the explanation and he becomes so confusing in the middle of the session that I had to give up.

I should point out that I am a 73 year old CAD beginner and I can confuse myself with no help at all from others.

Nevertheless, I am grateful for the responses as they have enable me to learn much.

Message 5 of 7
davebYYPCU

Offset plane to object, select to object under the distance dialogue.

Might help....

Message 6 of 7
chrisplyler

@Anonymous wrote:

I have solved the problem by going back to the screenshots by Chris although if was too fast to easily follow.

The explanation by The CAD whisperer was a waste of time because he clearly does not understand Fusion 360 as it doesn't work like whatever system he is used to, as he admits during the explanation and he becomes so confusing in the middle of the session that I had to give up.

I should point out that I am a 73 year old CAD beginner and I can confuse myself with no help at all from others.

Nevertheless, I am grateful for the responses as they have enable me to learn much.

Brian,

Nobody that reads this forum thread is going to understand that you're referencing the other forum thread. If my video (it wasn't screen shots, it was a video) was too fast, I apologize. It may be helpful to pause it at certain times so you can see exactly what I'm clicking on. I wish I could have recorded audio in the video, to talk you through what I was doing, as that often helps. But I was at my office where I don't have a microphone on my computer.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

I had not appreciated that the other questions would not be linked to this one but will ensure that I reference previous questions in future.

Yes, the video was a bit quick but I managed by doing as you suggested. One problem is that the work surface (?) (not just yours) is difficult to read easily, especially when one is not familiar with the layout.

I'm very grateful that you took the trouble to help.

Brian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report