Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emboss or Deboss an Image

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
RAmeeti
393 Views, 11 Replies

Emboss or Deboss an Image

How would I go about embossing or debossing an image such as this?

Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 3.42.33 PM.png

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jhackney1972
in reply to: RAmeeti

On what model or shape will you be trying to Emboss or Deboss?  Also could you attach the graphic to a reply post.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 12
RAmeeti
in reply to: jhackney1972

The image will be 3D printed on a 2" disc

MedalMedal

Message 4 of 12
jhackney1972

The image will be 2D and I do not see any issue Embossing it on a disc.  If you want the Forum users to help further please attach the image to a reply post and give the diameter of the disc.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 12
RAmeeti

I am confused now on the forum. I have attached it twice (once on each of my posts) and I declared that it was 2" in my 2nd post yet I am being asked to post the image and being asked what size it is. Is my text not getting through? Is the picture not showing?

Message 6 of 12
jhackney1972

The "picture" is on your post but that will require me, or someone else to try and capture it into a usable graphic "file".  A JPEG or PNG graphic file would be acceptable.  If I try and capture it, the quality will degrade and the Emboss will suffer.  Also it is your graphic so you can attach the actual graphic file.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 12
laughingcreek

you'll need to create graphics in a vector format.  you can either create a sketch in fusion by hand (which usually works best from fusion's perspective) or run you raster image thru a utility that will convert it to a vector format.  there are a number of drawing programs that will do that, and there are also online utilities that do it.

Message 8 of 12
RAmeeti

Ah. Interesting. I did not think an attachment would be of interest to others as it would require effort, disk space, etc. I figured that just looking at it would be all that someone would need. Continuing to learn.

Message 9 of 12
jhackney1972

Thanks for the graphic file.  I have attached a model of the Embossed 2" disc.  The Emboss is .0625 in height and can be adjusted.  The Emboss sketch size can be adjusted is needed also.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 10 of 12
RAmeeti

Amazing. Thank you very much. Could you point me in the direction of some help files that would tell me how this was accomplished?

How can I put ridges on the circumference similar to a coin?

Message 11 of 12
RAmeeti

When I export it to a stl, it looks great. I import it into Bambu Studio. It looks good. I slice it and when printed, the letters just show as lots of bare tree trunks. This was at my typical .4 nozzle.

I figured that it was time to bring out the .2 nozzle. This certainly was much better, but still several letters still just did not complete. Apparently the line width of those parts of the letters is insufficient.

Is it possible to thicken the line width of the text?

Message 12 of 12
jhackney1972

You can use the attached video and the attached model to understand the process I used to make this embossed disc.  The Fusion Add-In, created by Autodesk called Project Salvador, can be found here.  As I mentioned in the video, I am using a Windows 11 computer which runs the Add-In just fine.  I have tried it on a Windows 10 computer but did not have any success with the Add-In.  I do not have access to a MAC to try it out.

You have asked to increase the letter thickness.  To do this you will have to make the disc larger as the only the way I can think to increase the letter size is to scale the Canvas up during the creation of the emboss sketch.  Model is attached with the edging.

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report