Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit a projected profile

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Claus_J
927 Views, 6 Replies

Edit a projected profile

I created a spline with 4 points that closely resembles a circle. I extruded the spline and scaled it in one direction. Then I created an offset plane and used the intersection with the extruded body to create a new sketch that now is an ellipse.  I was expecting to be able to edit the ellipse with the 4 spline points showing up but I don't get any edit points. I attached the file, any hint is much appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Claus_J

When I opened your file I was able to edit the original sketch by moving all points except the one circled. Then I changed your intersection curve to a projection, and now it does change when editing the base sketch.

Screenshot_58.jpg

Hope this helps,

Shihao

Message 3 of 7
Claus_J
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks Shihao,

appreciate your time. Actually I want to edit the ellipse, not the original circle...

Message 4 of 7
TrippyLighting

Edit the sketch with the ellipse, select the ellipse and right -click and select break link.

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 3.25.19 PM.png

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Claus_J
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Peter, did you actually manage to do the edit? Because I already tried that and I don’t get any edit points, even after breaking the link.

Message 6 of 7
HughesTooling

Fusion can not create splines it can edit from projections or offsets.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

@HughesTooling that depends on what you consider to be "valid edits".

You can move its location, and trim it. In case of an ellipse projected form an cylinder intersection, you can change it's shape. Whether that is a meaningful, way of editing it is another question 😉

I personally never do this.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report