Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing section view hatching extends beyond body lines

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
harryreslan67
218 Views, 5 Replies

Drawing section view hatching extends beyond body lines

Hi, please see the attached. The section view hatching extends beyond the body lines of the model drawing.

I'm not too sure what's going on - maybe I have an "open" body, or something is misaligned?

If anyone has experienced this before, I'd greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Okay,

I half fixed it.

I panned over the hatching - most of it is unelectable but I found a point that was attached to a body. I removed the "problem" body and replaced with an identical one.

Seems fine now - still not sure why it happened. Maybe just a glitch, but it was present after rebooting.

Message 4 of 6

Hi @harryreslan67 

I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I'm glad that you managed to find the issue with that body.

If you run into this again, I can ask the team to take a closer look for you. Please share a downloadable link to your drawing, so that I can ask the team to investigate this, or if it is sensitive, feel free to send it directly to me Clint. Brown {a} Autodesk.com

Message 3 of 6

Happened a couple more times - seems to be when taking a section view through a shelled component. Unfortunately, that's exactly what I need to do.

Still not sure why it's happening...

Message 5 of 6

Hi Clint,

Please see the below:

https://a360.co/4cVUzLx

It seems very repeatable, it's happening every time I try to take a section view, even if the body/component has been replaced and it's a new function.

Message 6 of 6
liang_chen
in reply to: harryreslan67

Hi @harryreslan67 ,

In the 3D design, Base Buildup and Component32 components are overlapped, and the overlapped areas are quite tiny, which leads to the issue in drawing section view. Showing as attached video, hiding either of them will result in the correct section view.  So I assume the issue is caused by the modeling issue, and please try to resolve the overlapped components, then check if it helps.   Thanks

Fred Chen
SQA Engineer
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report