Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating linked objects in Sketch view

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CHARLESTBT3B
242 Views, 4 Replies

Creating linked objects in Sketch view

Hi, I am creating a sketch that will reuse an element four times. Is there a way of "duplicating" this so that if I make a change to the master, it's replicated on all the copies? I have attached my working file and an image of my previous print demonstrating why having a linked version would be convenient. 

I needed to widen the narrow channel and move the hex up a couple of mm. It would be very beneficial to do this on one and apply it to all the others. 

As you can see in the image, the element is repeated four times, two of them rotated 180  degrees.

Also any other tips in terms of my sketch would be welcome, still very new to this so in the massive learning phase!

PXL_20240709_090701056.MP.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
g-andresen
in reply to: CHARLESTBT3B

Hi,

These are changes that are made in the original f3d file and cannot be shown in a shared STL.

günther

Message 3 of 5
CHARLESTBT3B
in reply to: CHARLESTBT3B

Stupid me, thought had added fusion file, have edited and added it now!

Message 4 of 5

usually better to pattern in the modeling space, rather than trying to duplicate sketch shapes. quick example attached-

laughingcreek_0-1720538643683.png

Message 5 of 5

Awesome, so looking at the document, is this correct? 

You create a centre line sketch you use as a point to rotate the first object. You then use the circular pattern to create the first one. Then, you use a rectangular pattern on a straight axis and set a distance.

The only thing I don't know how to do is how to create a sketch with two different planes. One line goes straight up and one along the "floor."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report