Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Overall Dimensioning of Soft Edge Component

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
John_C_Hansen
171 Views, 3 Replies

Drawing Overall Dimensioning of Soft Edge Component

While creating a drawing of the top, I am trying to get an overall dimension of the width. Without any hard corners, I am unsure how to begin. I am trying to communicate that this can be cut from a single 4ftx8ft sheet of material.

Would it help to upload the design file?

John_C_Hansen_0-1725216904448.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I wish you had attached your model so I could have used it.  I made a very crude model to show you how to use Edge Extension in your drawing.  Video attached. You can also, after starting a drawing dimension, right click and get a host of snap keypoints that maybe will  help you.  Hope it gives you an idea.

Dimension Keypoints.jpg

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

Does my post help you to solve your issue? 

If my Forum post solved your question, please select the "Accept Solution" icon to do three things. First it allows others to find a solution to a similar question, two, it closes the Forum post and last, it acknowledges that you accept the solution given. If you need further help, please ask. If you like to read why "Accept Solutions are important, take a look at this webpage.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

I modeled a rectangle as if it were on the floor under the desk. I applied a clear Glass appearance to it and this is the Drawing that I then dimensioned similarly to the original with the added dimension of the 48x96 inch.

John_C_Hansen_0-1725314712968.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report