Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing-Layout - Hatching and filling certain areas, Changigng measure value

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
399 Views, 5 Replies

Drawing-Layout - Hatching and filling certain areas, Changigng measure value

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am interested in how areas (that are not cut) are hatched in the drawing and whether it is possible to fill in certain areas.. I have also a question about changing ("manipulating") the dimension in drawing Layout (for example when I have to remove the measured value and write a certain word on a dimension line)

I would be very gratefull, wenn somebody could step forward and try to solve my problem.

Thank You in advice for Your response.

Best regards,

Petar Skoda

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ClintBrown3D
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

Welcome to the Fusion 360 Forums 🙂

I hope that this helps. You can choose a component to exclude from a section view in the section dialogue, as shown in the GIF below:

Section.gif

You can control the size of the hatch by double-clicking on the hatch and setting a scale.

HATCHING.gif

To change the dimension text, you need to clear out the default information, as shown below. You can then replace this with your preferred text

Dim text.gif

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hello Mr. Brown

I would like to thank you for help. 

The gif about editing the measurement was very helpfull.

The information about hatching is usefull, but I have another situations where I have to fill or add a hatch to a certain sketch (or area) that are not cut. For example, i have to fill the arrow - the arrow has to be black.

Message 4 of 6
ClintBrown3D

Hi @Anonymous 

We don't currently support hatching outside of the automated hatching in section views.

It looks like your arrow is a sketch. I suggest that you create the hatch pattern in the sketch, using a line and the offset tool. The good news, is that you can copy and paste the arrow between drawings. So once you've got it set up, you can re-use it.

See the GIF below

Hatching a GIF sd.gif

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ClintBrown3D

Hello Mr. Brown

Thank you very much for your help. 🙂

I´ll see then what the graphic designer reports to me -if the arrow fulfills the graphic requirements.. 🙂

Is there any other "better" Software where I can create 3D-model and also create various drawings with better Drawing-Tools?? 

I was thinking that maybe AutoCad or another Program would be much suitable for this purpose. - I´m developping and creating 3D models and also 2D and 3D production and catalogue drawings of metal-conectors for the wood construction (like angle brackets, joist hangers, etc.) and I often had to create drawings with wood structures on it and individual measuring styles.. I would be very grateful if You can make a sugestion or have an opinion about this matter..

Best regards

Petar Skoda

Message 6 of 6
g-andresen

Hi,

take  a look at the Roadmap (> advanced dimensions)

günther

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report