Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing a line to a specific point on another line

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
hachem1
2658 Views, 5 Replies

drawing a line to a specific point on another line

I appreciate this is a very basic question. I'm new to 3D design and can't quite figure this out. Not even sure what to search for.

Let's say I have a rectangle that's 35mm wide and 24mm high. I want to draw a line from the top left corner to a point that is 19mm from the bottom right (see attachment). The only way I have been able to do this (aside from trig to figure out the angle) is to draw another line 19mm long from the bottom right corner along the bottom edge and then draw the line from the top corner to that point. That seems rather inelegant ( I end up with an extra line). What am I missing ? 

Thanks

Marc

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

That's as basic as it can get. Simply dimension your stuff. 

Message 3 of 6
hachem1
in reply to: hachem1

Thank you. I had tried dimension several times but must've done something wrong. It would not let me select the end point of the line, every time I tried it selected the entire bottom edge. I went back and tried it a fourth time and it worked. I knew there had to be a basic way. Thank you for indulging a newbie.

Marc

Message 4 of 6

• Moving the mouse pointer slowly along the line will highlight all items blow the cursor. Just stop where the item is what you want to use.
  • What input device are you using? In case of track pads the accuracy might not be good enough. 
  • Sometimes items just lay on each other and you can simple left-long-click and you'll get a popup menu containing all items below the cursor. 20-04-2019 23-35-23.png
Message 5 of 6

Sweet, thanks so much for the tips. Just using a mouse on a computer without enough graphics power 🙂

Marc

Message 6 of 6

My notebook is from 2011. So not the fastet by any meaning 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report