Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designing a fuel tank lid for Kawasaki SXI Pro jetski

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wacimgami
180 Views, 2 Replies

Designing a fuel tank lid for Kawasaki SXI Pro jetski

Hello everyone, 

This is first time me posting here. So please correct me if I have posted in wrong place 

I am looking at designing a panel for jetski that covers the access to fuel tank of Kawasaki SXI pro. I am use to creating simple projects so far and have tried to find information on video share platform. So far I have had no luck or may be I am looking in wrong direction. Can someone guide me what tutorials I am looking for to create a panel like this. Do I use sketch or form or anything else in particular in fusion? 

Thank for any suggestion. 

Regards  

Sim 

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Drewpan
in reply to: wacimgami

Hi,

A method of modelling this might be to take a front, top and side view and then set them as a canvas and model with

simple sketches after you have calibrated the size of the images and set a common reference point.

Drewpan_0-1716248849651.png

Drewpan_1-1716248981082.png

If you have the actual piece then you can also get accurate measurements so that everything will "fit" if you fabricate

or 3d print it.

If you have any issues then upload your model and we can have a look for you. You do this with the Export and just

attach the file to your forum post.

Drewpan_2-1716249075375.png

Cheers

Andrew

Message 3 of 3
wacimgami
in reply to: Drewpan

Thanks Andrew, I will try and look his up and see how I go. Will keep you posted but may take some time. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report