Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debossed Text not Exporting to .STL

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
403 Views, 4 Replies

Debossed Text not Exporting to .STL

Ampule.GIFPaul.GIF

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I have debossed some text on my model. The text sketch is fully constrained and it appears to deboss ok. However, when I export to .STL to 3d print it does not include the text?

I have done some other debossed text test pieces and these have exported to .stl & printed fine.

The text shows on the model face but does not have the debossed appearance as my other test pieces did? What am I missing.

Thanks,

Paul

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dsouzasujay
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you attach the design here to a Reply that you have already completed in Fusion 360?

If you find my answer solved your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button

Sujay D'souza
SQA Manager
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dsouzasujay

@dsouzasujayHopefully the attached work?

Message 4 of 5
dsouzasujay
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

In the attached file "Ampule Breaker Velcro Fixture v9.f3z" there are 2 bodies overlapping on each other.

If you hide "Body6" and "Body2" and then save as stl should generate mesh with debossing

Edit: Attached the exported stl body

If you find my answer solved your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button

Sujay D'souza
SQA Manager
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dsouzasujay

@dsouzasujayThank you for fixing this!

I'm sure there was probably a better way to model my fixture but it is all part of the learning curve.

Regards,

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report