Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark mode

177 REPLIES 177
SOLVED
Message 1 of 178
Anonymous
166009 Views, 177 Replies

Dark mode

Hi! Are you expecting to put a dark mode option for fusion 360? The ligh color from the UI hurts my eyes and make to much notority from screen!

Tags (1)
177 REPLIES 177
Message 2 of 178
Pavel_Holecek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, 

to change color in canvas is possible in Environment option - there are several prepared color modes.

EnvironmetnColor.jpg

Regards

Pavel 

Pavel Holecek
Autodesk QA team
Message 3 of 178
Anonymous
in reply to: Pavel_Holecek

I mean the color of the toolbar, as this:

Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 15.39.21.png

Message 4 of 178
rhudaynath

Hi,

Fusion doesn't have any themes e.g dark theme, etc. The one mentioned above by Pavel Holecek are environments for canvas.

Rhudaynath

Software Engineer
Message 5 of 178
Anonymous
in reply to: rhudaynath

I know that Fusion doesn’t have, that is why i am asking if you (developers) are considering to put this mode on fusion for a future release.

Message 6 of 178
Pavel_Holecek

Hi,

unfortunatelly it is not possible in current version. You can try to add your idea or add a vote to IdeaStation. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/custom-colors-for-ui-elements/idi-p/...

Regards

Pavel

Pavel Holecek
Autodesk QA team
Message 7 of 178
Anonymous
in reply to: Pavel_Holecek

Is there a way to change the default geometry color? The dark geometry on a dark background is hard for me to see. However I have always preferred a dark background with lighter geometry am I just missing this setting?
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 178
rhudaynath

Hi,

You may want to change the default material property for your Fusion setting. Currently Steel is default setting. You can check and change it in Preferences -> Material section.

Rhudaynath

Software Engineer
Message 9 of 178
Anonymous

Andrew,

maybe this can help! 🙂

Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 15.55.25.png

Message 10 of 178
Anonymous
in reply to: rhudaynath

Thanks apparently I just had not looked far enough.
Message 11 of 178
Anonymous

This screenshot was so white it burned my retinas.
We might need a proper dark mode sooner than expected.

Message 12 of 178
chrisplyler

You may want to lower the brightness and contrast settings of your monitor. Whites should not hurt your eyes.

Message 13 of 178
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

Or we could just get a proper dark theme for everything. Sure, whites aren't supposed to hurt our eyes, but many of us just don't like everything being so bright in general. I use a dark theme on literally everything it is an option on. Reddit, Twitter, Chrome (via extensions), Windows itself (thankfully the Explorer now is also dark), etc. If there is a dark theme, I am always going to default to that. Fusion by default is way too bright.

Message 14 of 178
chrisplyler

I also use dark themes/skins/modes whenever possible. I would prefer F360 had one as well, but it doesn't. Some other software I use also doesn't. So I was just suggesting that you lower your brightness such that whites don't hurt your eyes when you're in that situation.

Message 15 of 178
eddyheide

Yes, I also would like to have a Dark mode option if possible,

Screens a much brighter these days, so a dark mode would help a lot I think.

Best regards, Eddy

Tags (2)
Message 16 of 178
C.Nicks
in reply to: eddyheide

For applications like these that are just bright all over, I've setup an easy shortcut to invert the monitor colors. From there you can tune environment and materials to assist. I'm new to F360 so I haven't gotten it all setup, but on Mac with Eagle I use a program to detect when the application is active and send a macro shortcut. Whenever the target application is active, the screen is inverted.
May not be great with some programs, but when it's getting really late and my eyes just can't take the bright, invert brings some relief.

My vote is dark themes for everything.

Best Regards,
Cameron

Eagle Library Resources

Kudos are much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.
Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 17 of 178
Anonymous

Try Invert Colors?

Message 18 of 178
Anonymous

yes

Message 19 of 178
mykolka

+1 for dark theme. all other apps already have it. photoshop, chrome, cinema4d, cura, intellij idea, vs code, even win explorer and calculator

Message 20 of 178
nvampilogov
in reply to: mykolka

+1 I strongly support this idea too!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report