Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark mode

177 REPLIES 177
SOLVED
Message 1 of 178
Anonymous
166077 Views, 177 Replies

Dark mode

Hi! Are you expecting to put a dark mode option for fusion 360? The ligh color from the UI hurts my eyes and make to much notority from screen!

Tags (1)
177 REPLIES 177
Message 41 of 178
chrisplyler
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

@chrisplyler  Hi and thanks for your condescending response. If you think that we are asking for Dark Mode to make it "pretty" or that other tools, apps and even entire operating systems do this to make things "pretty" then I don't think you spend too much time in front of a computer or using this software. The reason is simple and meaningful - it's much easier on the eyes when you have to stare at a screen for 10 hours a day to make a living. And I do care about my eyes.

1. My response was in no way condescending.

2. Perfectly valid answer otherwise. I stare at my screen sixty hours per week. I just keep my monitor's brightness turned down. Dark mode would be better, still I want them to fix other stuff already dangit!

Message 42 of 178
Anonymous

I agree. I use the Dark Reader extension for browsing, it's the best. Fusion 360 should use the dark theme that blender uses, it's easy on the eyes.
Message 43 of 178
ea425019

I would like a dark theme as well, preferably with green text.

Message 44 of 178
Anonymous

Why's this thread almost 5 years old, and still unsolved? This is simply a healthcare issue, simply as that. No need for idea posting for consideration. All major apps provide dark mode, also 3ds max, another Autodesk software comes in dark for ages now. This is not a feature that some deviants want because they don't have better to do, this is a must have. And after 5 years there are still excuses only.

Message 45 of 178
cameronlconnor

Another +1 for dark mode here, it's becoming a best practice these days to include a dark mode in software and I'm all for it.

To have this in a future update would be absolutely brilliant!

Tags (1)
Message 46 of 178
barry9UDQ6

If memory serves, it was announced last year that a dark theme was coming. But nothing yet!

Inventor on the other hand now has a beautiful dark theme.

Why must our background and toolbars (which you cannot undock) dominate the visuals. While the most important element, the model, fights to get seen? 

Years ago when Autodesk started making lighter and lighter themes they said they were doing it to follow suit from Windows themes, which can now be dark!

Funnily enough my first experience of Fusion, before they added the 360, was when it got bundled with Inventor 2013. And it came standard with a beautiful dark theme!

Message 47 of 178
Anonymous

+1

Message 48 of 178
klmgraphics

The fact that Autodesk does not have dark mode in 2020/21 shows their ignorance!

Message 49 of 178
Anonymous
in reply to: klmgraphics

This is taking absurdly long to implement this feature. Even the most basic Android apps have dark mode. There's no reason art apps like Photoshop can have it by default and it's still missing here. Get with the times. 

Message 50 of 178
Anonymous

+1

Message 51 of 178
Anonymous
in reply to: Pavel_Holecek

5 years later still no dark mode added

Message 52 of 178
Anonymous

me too

Message 53 of 178
matt832QP

I don't know if it's been suggested here but until darkmode has been implemented, consider installing f.lux (just google it) for night time CAD. It basically just adds a blue filter and brightness controls to help reduce eye strain when working late in a dimly lit room. I've used it for years and it definitely helps.

Message 54 of 178
Anonymous
in reply to: matt832QP

For Windows 10 users, f.lux is no longer necessary as there is a pretty good "Night Mode" option available already in the Notifications menu, but this still doesn't solve the issue that the white light is still blinding. Thank you for the suggestion, however.

Message 55 of 178
Anonymous

Dark Mode UI, please.

Message 56 of 178
djones649460

Like the other apps I use to scrape out a living, Fusion 360 is an integral part of my day, I am an indie, jack of all trades and master of none, I’m not a big or even a small company, just trying to earn enough to pay the mortgage. Would it be possible to get a dark theme for 360?

I use Unreal Engine, Adobe Suite, Blender, all Reallusion software apps, DaVinci Resolve, MS Visual Studio, MS Office and as others have mentioned in this thread, other AutoDesk Products have this capability as well. Pretty much everything coded today for the masses whether it be a game or production software has “Dark Theme” capability. Adjusting my monitors would be out of the question as I use 3 of them, (one 34" wide screen and two 27") and I switch back and forth from Blender-Adobe-Fusion 360-Reallusion and Unreal Engine frequently and let’s not forget the must have utility programs like Outlook, Word, Excel and MS Quick Notes.., you get the idea and adjusting monitors to compensate for 1 application doesn't make any sense as it is not efficient nor productive.

I am an old guy, and some days are better than others and today my monitors are too bright when Fusion is active, but I still need to get work done which is how I ended up here while looking for a solution to the question..., How can I change my theme colors in Fusion 360? I'm willing to be patient for the bugs to get worked out of this software but don't want to go blind in the process, since this thread has been going on for FIVE years and I am a paying customer, I am entitled to a question. Does my opinion and health matter? Don't force me to look for other alternatives and if I could afford Inventor and Mechanical, I'd have them already, this is it, all I can afford on top of all the other subscriptions I pay for in a years’ time. and it is a lot in one basket.  

Please incorporate a Dark Theme soon. Probably would not have been so long winded if I did not spend 15 minutes reading this thread...

Thank you and have an awesome day!

Message 57 of 178
Anonymous
in reply to: djones649460

• I salute thee in this great attempt of a boosted push to this cause
Message 58 of 178
Anonymous
in reply to: djones649460

Hi mate, you might like this workaround I posted in this thread, hope it helps! 🙂
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-design-validate/dark-mode/m-p/10059867#M239550
Message 59 of 178
Anonymous

It would be really nice with dark mode. Most modern apps and OS:es support it now days. Some people like dark mode and some bright mode. That's just the way it is a shame to not cater to both groups.

Message 60 of 178
Teunsegers

+1 for Dark mode
Color inversion is a good suggestion, but it's also something of a pain when using multiple applications (and it doesn't look "right").

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report