Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark mode

177 REPLIES 177
SOLVED
Message 1 of 178
Anonymous
166085 Views, 177 Replies

Dark mode

Hi! Are you expecting to put a dark mode option for fusion 360? The ligh color from the UI hurts my eyes and make to much notority from screen!

Tags (1)
177 REPLIES 177
Message 21 of 178
alan
in reply to: nvampilogov

Me too!!  Visually impared and dark mode really helps.

Message 22 of 178
kieranbarker95
in reply to: alan

Annotation 2020-07-02 011208.jpg

Here to bump the thread.

Dark mode would be very important to me (and clearly many other users of f360). I work primarily at night (with fusion 360 being my most used program) and having a high brightness hdr monitor means I need to turn down the brightness every time I enter fusion in order to avoid having my CAD model permanently burned into my retina. This is something that is a pain and could all be easily avoided by having a dark mode!

In fact, to prove how easy a dark mode would be to implement, I photoshopped one in 5 minutes!

Message 23 of 178
Anonymous
in reply to: kieranbarker95

I went through the folders looking for a file that would change the background color of the UI but had no luck. Would't it be possible to do it manually? i did that before in other programs by just editing a file with notepad++ or photoshop

Message 24 of 178
gaylord.giret
in reply to: Anonymous

+1 dark mode too

Message 25 of 178
whizbanger
in reply to: gaylord.giret

+1, it would be a great improvement!

Daren
Message 26 of 178
bogdan.dumitru
in reply to: whizbanger

Bump!

We need dark mode!

And before you ask, I already turned down the brightness level on my monitor to 0 (ZERO) and it's still way too bright for night work (I have another day job).

HELP!

Message 27 of 178
Anonymous

+1 for dark mode

a must have feature

Message 28 of 178
neljoshua

Please add a dark mode!

__

If this post answered your question, please select "Mark as Solution" in order to help others who may have the same (or a similar) question.

Lenovo Thinkpad P1, 2.70 GHz Intel Xeon, 32.0 GB, Windows 10 Pro
Message 29 of 178
cnguyen6Q2HH
in reply to: neljoshua

I agree. We have a dark mode on every application we touch nowadays. Everyone in the office loves the new dark theme for Inventor 2021. Please add it to F360 as well! 

Message 30 of 178
danboarder
in reply to: kieranbarker95

If someone can find the theme files that we can edit, please post and let us all know!  My MacOS is entirely dark mode, except for Fusion 360 (and this website, which I can force-adapt using extensions), looking forward to getting Dark Mode going!

Message 31 of 178
drew.regner

Thanks for the Idea to look for the Chrome Extension, I never even thought of using that, for websites, I just lived with the normal color.  I also am in favor of having a dark mode for Fusion.

Message 32 of 178
Anonymous

+1 for dark mode

Message 33 of 178
gearshredder

+1 dark theme. No just changing the environment but the window elements.

Message 34 of 178
Anonymous

Would love to have a Dark Mode in Fusion 360 too!

Message 35 of 178
Anonymous

dark mode would be wonderful

Message 36 of 178
Anonymous

This question isnt really solved and hope it gets attention from the devs. An official response would be nice. So many tools like Blender, Modo, Maya etc. come with a Dark Mode. Heck even engineering tools like nTopology have that. And that's not even mentioning Windows, Chrome extensions (and built in tags), Facebook, Whatsapp and like every other app on the planet is embracing the darkness. 😛 The Dark Side is strong with them, let's join them, they have cookies. 😄

Message 37 of 178
chrisplyler

Dark mode would be great. But don't you want them to get basic functionality right first? Like the Joint system for example? Or do you think making it pretty is a higher priority?

Message 38 of 178
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

@chrisplyler  Hi and thanks for your condescending response. If you think that we are asking for Dark Mode to make it "pretty" or that other tools, apps and even entire operating systems do this to make things "pretty" then I don't think you spend too much time in front of a computer or using this software. The reason is simple and meaningful - it's much easier on the eyes when you have to stare at a screen for 10 hours a day to make a living. And I do care about my eyes.

I'm a new user who hasn't used each and every feature and doesn't know the ins and outs and bugs and problems that each and every tool poses so your arbitrary statement has meaning only to you, someone who is obviously a long time user and is frustrated with the way things in this tool are. But this is not the thread to harp on about problems with "Joints" or any other feature, this is a thread about Dark Mode and you are free to make another thread about all your problems.

Message 39 of 178
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

not gonna use it long enough to figure if the joint system works or not as it is. if you think a dark mode is pretty then awesome enjoy that. dark mode is functional.

Message 40 of 178
Anonymous

Just found something of a workaround and thought I'd share it here for everyone's benefit. It does the job partly. Follow the steps in the linked article and use the Windows Magnifier to invert all screen colors: www.businessinsider.com/how-to-invert-colors-on-windows

I played around with the envrionment settings and I got the following options:

1. Completely black background with high contrast white model:

Set Environment to "Infinity Pool" and turn off the Ground Plane. See image:

Env: Infinity Pool, Ground Plane OFFEnv: Infinity Pool, Ground Plane OFF

2. Shaded background for better depth perception:

Set Environment to "Infinity Pool" and turn on the Ground Plane. See image:

Env: Infinity Pool, Ground Plane ONEnv: Infinity Pool, Ground Plane ON

For some reason the "Photo Booth" environment makes the model and grid darker and doesn't contrast as well. The model shown above uses the default Steel appearance. Hope this helps till we get an official Dark Mode! 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report