Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Title Blocks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
849 Views, 4 Replies

Custom Title Blocks

I spent a good while editing the default ANSI_TITLEBLOCK, in Fusion, to get it how I wanted it. I saved it as "MyBlock." I expected that when I opened a new drawing I would then be able to select MyBlock as the title block for that new drawing, but that doesn't seem to be the case. In the original drawing, MyBlock shows up alongside the ANSI title block, but in any new drawings, ANSI is all that is available. Is there any way I can access that custom title block in new drawings?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous, title blocks are always available based on which ones are stored in the template used to generate a Drawing. To re-use a custom title block, make sure that a template is created with it in it, and use that template to create future drawings with. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Can you explain how to do that? I have same question as tread starter, but I dont know how to check or change the things you say.

Message 4 of 5
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous, Create a New Template, edit the title block as you wish, Save Template. Then, when you want to create a drawing of a part or assembly, use that template in the Create Drawing dialog. More info on templates can be found on our help site here: https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-3BF032FB-8A2A-4905-831C-632175ACC2CB 

Best,

Timera

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Can I just remark that this is an [i]absurdly terrible way to manage title blocks?[/i] Things still haven't gotten better, either.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report