Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

curved case

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
434 Views, 2 Replies

curved case

Hello everyone ,so i'm trying to create this case with fusion but i have a problem with the edges i want to create this smooth curved shape but i end up with having edges i've tried using sculpting but i can't figure it out i'll upload  picturesCapture.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPGFZN15J1JCAUC1H4.MEDIUM.jpg of this shape that i've created so far maybe you can help i just want to have this oval smooth shape that goes from the bottom to the top from all 4 sides instead of the edges, i've uploaded pictures of the shape i've created so far and a picture of a case that i want to create and i hope you can help, thank you

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Use 2 point curve for upper surface then extruded it and you will get the desired shape which you want.

Hope above information helps you! 

Thank You!!!

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There are many ways to approach this, surely some better than others. I would suggest to avoid sculpting, since the form appears quite regular.

One route:

1. Create an arc (tangent to the horizon) that your can revolve around the center axis. This should create something akin to a contact lens.
  2. Then boolean that form with an extruded form in the shape of the top view of the case. This will result in a dome-like form, trimmed to the constraints of the case, kind of like you took a cookie cutter to your contact lens.
  3. Join this top portion to any other geometry that you need for the rest of the case's structure.

Hope that helps a bit 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report