Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cropping views in Fusion 360

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mark_mckann7LD
242 Views, 1 Reply

Cropping views in Fusion 360

Is it possible to crop views in Fusion 360? I have drawings of several assemblies, but would like to zoom in on specific areas. Just hiding parts to make the overall view smaller doesn't really work in this case, because part of what I want to zoom in on still needs to show a portion of the larger components. 

The closest I have found as a workaround is to create a view outside of the visible page, and then make a detail view. The problem with this is that since Fusion 360 apparently only allows for circles to surround the detail area, each of these zoomed parts are surrounded by a circle, which is not working for our drawing packets. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Mi @mark_mckann7LD 

We don't have cropped views yet, but this is something on our roadmap. Something that I use quite successfully is to place a new base view, and to then use the "Break View" command to split the view twice (horizontally and vertically).

If a normal "Break View" is not quite what you are looking for, there is a trick that you can use. This is to edit the "Gap", by putting in a larger number, you can stretch the ends of the view so that they are off the sheet, as shown below. 

ClintBrown3D_0-1696584788349.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report